November 27, 2013
- Hello Macaroni Families!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
- Macaroni Fun ~ Thanksgiving Day Disasters
- Thanksgiving on a Budget
- Turkey Treat Bags
- Pilgrim Hat Utensil Holder
- When is BABY coming??
- 8 Ways to Celebrate Chanukah With Your Family
- Shop Small for Big Impact
- Special Discounts for Macaroni Kid Subscribers!!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Manatee County Cultural Attractions
- Manatee County Library Calendar of Events
- Follow Us On Facebook
- Looking to Advertise Locally...
- Have an Event Coming Up?
Well, Thanksgiving is upon us....are you ready?? Got those turkey birds and mashed potatoes lined up and ready to go?
I would like to wish all of my readers, supporters and advertisers a Happy Thanksgiving! Whether you will be traveling or staying at home, cooking or relaxing with family and watching fooball, battling the Black Friday crowds or getting a good night sleep....whatever your plans are I hope that you have plenty to be thankful for this holiday season. Something that I am truly thankful for is my ...
Funny stories of things gone wrong
"While smoking the turkey on the back porch, enough heat generated to burn a hole in the decking. The smoker tilted against the back door and caught the house on fire! Luckily, we were able to contain the fire with garden hoses, (since the fire dept got lost on the way). In the end we still ate the turkey; it ...
Tips on how to save on the cost of "The Bird"!
- The cost of a turkey usually takes up 40 percent of your Thanksgiving meal ...
- Brown paper lunch bags
- Feathers made using different colored construction paper
- Waddle and beak made from construction paper in different colors
- Googly eyes, buttons, and other embellishments
- Pipe cleaners
Cut about an inch off of the top of the lunch bags. To make the bags more durable, you can cover the front and back of the bags with brown cardstock.
by Michelle Melnick; Macaroni Kid Deerfield/Greenfield
We made this pilgrim hat utensil holder using a paper cup, a piece of foam, streamers, and construction paper. Since we were using this for plastic utensils, we did not use any glue and used only a small piece of double sided tape.
First we cut out the top of a black paper cup. We then cut a rectangular piece of foam into a circle. We folded the piece of foam, and cut a very small circle on the fold (it helps if the circle is a little bit smaller ...
Guess right and you could win a $10 Starbucks card!!
1) Celebrate with your community. There are several Chanukah celebrations in our area--at the malls, at local synagogues, community centers, etc. Chabad also holds Chanukah programs throughout the country, click here to find ones in your area.
2) Cook up the oil! It is customary to eat foods fried or baked in oil (preferably olive oil) as the miracle of the Chanukah menorah involved the discovery of a small flask ...
Small Business Saturday is November 30th
Founded by American Express in 2010, this day is celebrated every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year, Small Business Saturday is on November 30th.
With an original intent to encourage shoppers to spend money locally during the holiday season, Small Business Saturday has evolved into a celebration of small businesses and local communities across the United ...
Macaroni Kid loves our advertisers and appreciate the discounts they provide to our subscribers! Be sure to take advantage of these specials, offered especially to YOU, the Bradenton Macaroni Kid subscriber!
Hair and Makeup by Kerri - Mention that you were referred by Bradenton Macaroni Kid and receive $5 off! ALSO CHECK OUT THE GIVEAWAY FOR A DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT IN THIS NEWSLETTER!
Painting with a Twist - mention Bradenton Macaroni Kid during your visit and you will get $5 off your next visit! Offer expires 12/31/13.
Playaway - mention the ad in this newsletter and receive 10% off a class or party!
Where: 8111 Lakewood Main Street #107When: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Arts A Blaze StudioHow: Just show up!Cost: $20.00 per childFor more info: For more information, call 941-306-5840
Where: Your local Home Depot storeWhen: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Home DepotHow: Just show upCost: FREEFor more info: www.homedepot.com/workshops
Where: Sarasota fairgrounds - 3000 Ringling BoulevardWhen: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: Chabad of SarasotaHow: Just show up!Cost: Free parking and admission!For more info: For more information, call 941-925-0770
Where: 8451 Cooper Creek BoulevardWhen: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PMWho: Learning Express Toys University ParkHow: Just show up!Cost: FREEFor more info: For more information, call 941-351-5556
Where: 4010 S Tamiami Trail SarasotaWhen: 11:00 AMWho: Barnes and NobleHow: Just show up!Cost: FREEFor more info: For more information, call 941-923-9907
Where: Along West Venice Avenue and South Nokomis Avenue to Turin StreetWhen: 7:00 PMWho: VenicieHow: Just show up!Cost: FREEFor more info: For more information, go to www.venicegov.com
Where: Westfield Sarasota Square 8201 S Tamiami TrailWhen: 8:00 AM - 10:30 AMWho: Face AutismHow: Just show up!Cost: FREEFor more info: For more information, call 813-240-3044
Where: 11538 Palmbrush TrailWhen: 3:30 PM - 6:30 PMWho: Playaway Lakewood RanchHow: Just show up!Cost: $8.00 per child and $3.00 for each additional siblingFor more info: For more information, call 941-755-1070
Where: 9607 E State Road 70 BradentonWhen: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Woodland Community ChurchHow: Just show up!Cost: FREEFor more info: For more information, call 941-753-8588
Where: 8111 Lakewood Main Street #107When: 10:00 AMWho: Arts A Blaze StudioHow: Just show up!Cost: $8.00For more info: For more information, call 941-306-5840
Where: 5384 Fruitville RoadWhen: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PMWho: Chick-Fil-A FruitvilleHow: Just show up!Cost: FREE children activity.For more info: For more information, call 941-342-6168
Places to Visit around Manatee County
Can't find anything to do this weekend that interests your family? Check out one of Manatee County's cultural attractions!
- Art Center Manatee
- Bishop Planetarium
- Hernando Desoto Historical Society
- The Island Players
- Manatee County Cultural Alliance
- Manatee Players
- Manatee Village Historical Park
- McKechnie Field
- Palmetto Art Center
- Palmetto Historical Park
- South Florida Museum
- Village of the Arts
You will receive daily updates about all the fun happenings in and around Bradenton, Manatee County and be able connect with other Macaroni Kid followers!
I'll be sure to post shout-outs about events that slipped by my radar, and fun information that I come across throughout the week.
Will you LIKE us today? Facebook
* be sure to check our calendar often...new events are added to the newsletter throughout the week! Calendar
Targeted Advertising to Families
- WE HAVE LIMITED AD SPACE = Your ad will not be lost among hundreds of other businesses!
- Your ad is rotated to the top with each click, and viewable from EVERY Macaroni Kid Bradenton Page.
- All ads are included in the weekly newsletter, as well as the website!
- Your advertisement is delivered straight to our reader's inbox each week without them having to look for the website.
- Your ad includes a hyperlink back to your website for readers to click from the newsletter or the website!
- Our readers have self ...
Submit it here!
Email me at email@example.com today to add your event to the calendar, or to talk about all the ways to put your business in the spotlight!
We cover events in all of Manatee County! Palmetto, Ellenton, Terra Ceia, Parrish, Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach, Bradenton Beach, Coquina Beach, Bradenton, Sarasota ...
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC